Rheumatic diseases affect the human musculoskeletal system (joints, bones, spine, but also muscles, ligaments, tendons) and sometimes may even affect other human organs. We can split them into several basic groups, of which the most frequent and well-known are rheumatoid arthritis, Bekhterev's disease and psoriasis.
Many people think that rheumatoid arthritis is a disease of joints but in fact, it is not true. It is a disease of the human immune system. It is your immune system that attacks your joints, irreversibly damages them and causes chronic pain.
In our rheumatologic surgery we provide:
- diagnosis and therapy of inflammatory degenerative rheumatic diseases
- diagnosis and therapy of tics and Lyme borreliosis
- complex physical examination of musculoskeletal system: joints, spine, muscles, muscle insertions and ligaments based on acute or chronic diseases
- consultancy or physical examination prior to a planned rehabilitation
- injection application of medications affecting inflammation as well as cartilage into and out of joints